ThermoGenius™ for Planners
ThermoGeniusTM is specially designed to extract geothermal energy from water economically and very efficiently. It can be operated in fresh and salt water.
Range of applications: For houseboats and buildings on water, such as apartments, housing complexes, holiday villages, restaurants, hotels, guest houses, clubhouses/premises of water sports clubs, marinas, harbour buildings.
- The ThermoGeniusTM extracts the (free) energy stored in the water to provide buildings with heating and cooling or air conditioning.
- Easy to integrate into the heating/air conditioning network of your house/houseboat - connect it to the heat pump.
- The absorbed energy is fed from the ThermoGeniusTM to the heat pump and into the building or houseboat via polyethylene pipes. The heat or cold exchange takes place in the heat pump, making the free energy from nature available for heating or cooling.
The ThermoGeniusTM Service Instruction Manual contains all the detailed information you need to prepare your plans and invitation of tenders.
- Superior performance over traditional systems. In terms of the ratio of space to performance, ThermoGeniusTM is considerably more efficient than existing solutions involving long tubes.
- Requires significantly less space than other brine heat exchanger systems, such as "lake loop" solutions featuring long tubes.
- Heat output: up to 22 kW at a water temperature of 5°C. (See the ThermoGeniusTM Service Instruction Manual for example.)
- High level of efficiency thanks to convection openings with targeted guidance of the flow into the surrounding housing.
- Better heat transfer thanks to optimised/reduced wall thicknesses.
- Substantial saving on energy costs and independent energy supply.
- Modular system available in three performance categories: M1 (single), M2 (double), and M3 (triple) for heat output tailored to individual requirements. This means the system can be optimally adapted to suit the selected heat-pump performance class. (See the ThermoGeniusTM Service Instruction Manual for more details.)
- To produce a higher output, several ThermoGeniusTM modules can be linked together in parallel circuits via a distribution shaft. The arrangement of the modules can be customised to meet individual requirements - for example, the system can be installed in shallow water.
- In contrast to previous systems, the ThermoGeniusTM heat exchanger system can run without supplementary electric heating (to prevent freezing).
|Thermo-GeniusTM M1||Thermo-GeniusTM M2||Thermo-GeniusTM M3|
|Dimensions in mm||Ø 1220 x 605||Ø 1220 x 900||Ø 1220 x 1195|
|Operating temperature range in °C||-10 to +40|
|Max. operating pressure at +20 °C in bar||4,4|
|Exchange area in m2||13,6||27,1||40,7|
|Max. flow rate in m3/h||2||3,4||4,7|
Modular system in three power levels for individually adapted heat output.
- The ThermoGeniusTM water heat exchanger allows easy, fast, and user-friendly installation in the water - without the need for divers.
- Easy to connect to the heat pump and the building or houseboat’s heating/air conditioning network.
- Small, compact construction.
- Low weight with convenient handles on the housing.
- It can be fastened, for example, to piling, jetties, or quays - or alternatively, anchored to the bottom of the lake or river with a balancing weight.
- Low maintenance requirements. The ThermoGeniusTM does not become clogged with sediment and only the exterior needs to be cleaned from time to time.
- UV-resistant housing protects against mechanical effects.
- No wear parts that need to be replaced; no spare parts necessary.
- Saves on fossil fuels by using a local, renewable energy source.
- Cuts CO2 and reduces environmental impact.
- Secure, compact system with the processing medium contained in a closed system circuit.
- Durable, high-quality product made in Germany.
- All components are made from environmentally friendly, high-quality polyethylene, guaranteeing a long service life.
- Environmentally friendly and compact solution requiring minimal space.
Funding opportunities vary from country to country. Please contact your local authority for more information. In Germany, for example, the German Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control (BAFA) is responsible.
At ElringKlinger Engineered Plastics, we have a number of in-house specialists who are well acquainted with the ThermoGeniusTM water heat exchanger. If you have any questions or require further assistance, please contact Dennis Wagner.
Click here for additional technical details to support you in your planning, decision-making, and installation process.