ThermoGenius™ for Energy Advisers
Professional energy advisers keep their finger on the pulse when it comes to renewable energies, innovative technology, and efficient resource conservation, so that they can assess and recommend individual solutions for the efficient use of energy. An energy consultation with a qualified adviser will determine how the energy efficiency of a building can be improved. An energy-saving upgrade plan shows how coordinated measures can be used to renovate a building from an energy-efficiency perspective and reduce the primary energy demand as much as possible.
The new energy source for heating and cooling is here, providing energy from the water - right on your doorstep. The ThermoGeniusTM water heat exchanger uses this energy in a simple, highly efficient, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly way.
The forward-looking energy concept for houseboats and buildings on water, such as apartments, housing complexes, holiday villages, restaurants, hotels, guest houses, clubhouses/premises of water sports clubs, marinas, harbour buildings.
ThermoGeniusTM offers unique advantages compared with systems that use the ground (geothermal heat pumps, also called brine-to-water heat pumps), groundwater, or air as energy sources. As the use of geothermal heat and groundwater to produce energy is relatively expensive - as well as being prohibited in german drinking-water protected areas - ThermoGeniusTM has a distinct advantage here. Air source heat pumps may be relatively inexpensive to buy but, on cold winter days when a lot of heat is needed, other heat sources must be brought in, which can drive up operating costs. An energy assessment also needs to take into account the electricity consumed by the heat pump
- Lakes, rivers, and other bodies of surface water store a large quantity of energy.
- The water heat exchanger system extracts the free, inexhaustible supply of energy from the water - for heating and cooling or air conditioning.
- ThermoGeniusTM is highly efficient and reduces energy costs.
- The system is significantly more efficient than solutions involving long hoses ("thermal loops"), which were used previously.
- Heat output: up to 22 kW at a water temperature of 5°C.
- Modular system available in three performance categories: M1, M2, and M3.
- For a higher heat output to meet individual requirements, several ThermoGeniusTM modules can be connected in parallel.
- Easy to connect to the heat pump and the building or houseboat’s heating/air conditioning network.
- Environmentally sound, compact solution that requires significantly less space than other brine heat exchanger systems, such as solutions involving long hoses ("lake loops").
- Secure, compact system with the processing medium contained in a closed system circuit.
- No geothermal probes required.
- The use of local renewable energy sources gives you independence, conserves fossil fuels, and protects the environment by reducing CO2.
- Easy, fast and user-friendly installation in the water - without the need for divers.
- In contrast to previous systems, the ThermoGeniusTM heat exchanger system can run without supplementary electric heating (to prevent freezing).
- Can be operated in fresh and salt water.
- Low maintenance requirements: No wear parts that need to be replaced; no spare parts necessary.
- Simpler regulatory approval - with assistance from ElringKlinger Engineered Plastics.
- Quality product made in Germany.
Funding opportunities vary from country to country. Please contact your local authority for more information. In Germany, for example, the German Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control (BAFA) is responsible.
Click here for additional technical details to support you in your planning, decision-making, and installation process.
At ElringKlinger Engineered Plastics, we have a number of in-house specialists who are well acquainted with the ThermoGeniusTM water heat exchanger. If you have any questions or require further assistance, please contact Dennis Wagner.